Friday, August 15, 2014

THIS JUST IN

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
The last chance to experience the 22nd Annual Poets House Showcase will be on Saturday, 8/16. It will be viewed during regular library hours.

Take it from The Poet Outlaw: You will enjoy the exhibit. It is the go-to event for poets, publishers, and literary lovers to discover what's new in the world of poetry.

Unfortunately, I did not get to attend The Showcase Reading Series, which featured leading and emerging poets reciting their works and that of others.

 However, during my visit  to the exhibit on July 26, I arrived early, and before anyone else had gotten there,The Poet Outlaw stepped to the podium, got on the mic, and recited Margaret Atwood's masterful poem, This Is A Photograph Of Me, from her book, "The Circle Game," which was on the showcase shelf. My only audience was the spirit of all those poets and people who were previously present in that room.

For a glimpse of The Showcase, see my "LIVE BLOG" post of July 28th.



This is a photograph of me reciting:
The Poet Outlaw

No comments:

Post a Comment